Blogging - a vent, a process, a development

Blogging - a vent, a process, a development
Cheryl and I on a tandem bike we rented on Cat Ba Island, Vietnam during our wonderful honeymoon

Hello, and welcome to our adventures, misadventures, and general musings

Cheryl and I are now living in our little house on the prairie and are enjoying the non-stresses of small-town life. We miss our friends and family and love it when they are in touch.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

THe Line at the End of the Universe

Today was the day that we finally recieved our work visa's. I would like to say that it was a heart-warming and exhilerating experience only it was the exact opposite of. Our school had many such individuals as Cheryl and I in need of applying for our visa's and so we all went together en mass to spend a day driving between government offices and waiting in lines until our back ends felt as though they were one with the smooth plastic.

If you have ever waited in any government office anywhere within the known universe or beyond, I'm certain you have experienced something similar. They are often crammed with all sorts of people coming together for the common beaurocratical cause of filing their names into a drawer of utmost importance. Failure to comply to do so may brand one unofficial, an alien, or worse, non-existent. And so here we were en route between us being considered simply aliens to that of legalized work aliens.

The term "aliens" does not seem unfair at this time as the immoble functions of a government office are a universal factor and I am certain they are the same on every planet - even planet Thailand.

Currently, I am sitting amidst the crying babies, the 7-13 different languages, and the room that despite the 14 air conditioners is unbearably hot. Be happy dear reader that you are not accompanying us on this particular adventure, and pray that by the end of this journey Cheryl and I will be legal aliens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you guys are finally getting your work visas! I can't believe it's taken so long.

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, just read about your journey to get the work visas. I was curious about what degree of unfun that would be. Well, I'm adjusting to life in Winnipeg. Sometimes I miss Thailand, but I'm happy to be here too. I miss you guys alot.

Amanda