Blogging - a vent, a process, a development

Blogging - a vent, a process, a development
Cheryl and I on a tandem bike we rented on Cat Ba Island, Vietnam during our wonderful honeymoon

Hello, and welcome to our adventures, misadventures, and general musings

Cheryl and I are now living in our little house on the prairie and are enjoying the non-stresses of small-town life. We miss our friends and family and love it when they are in touch.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

T-B-A-O-K


I have been to the wonderful Thai hospital for another visit. The antibiotics have done the trick and they were happy to see my health was reasonable. This is a good thing, because if otherwise they were all ready to operate yesterday and all sorts of other nasty things, but, nothing required, I am healthy!

Once again the doctor, nurses, and everyone else there was very friendly, helpful, and aiming to please. My experience was pleasant and expedient with only a 30 min. wait for the results of a blood test. That sure beats the regular two-week wait back home. In fact, I told one of the nurses that in Canada it takes two weeks to gain results for blood tests. She thought that was purely silly because it is an easy and quick test. Then I explained that in Canada our health system is run on a more egalitarian basis where everyone receives equal treatment (at least in theory) and so there is a back-up in the system as opposed to just the wealthy getting quick and efficient treatment. Okay, I did say it nicer than all that, however, it is the truth. Maybe we have to wait awhile longer in Canada but at least we all get treated.

Anyhow, all tests came back negative meaning I am TB free and merely the victim of a Lymph node infection and whatever other form of illness attacked me whilst in my weakened state. I am feeling better and don’t have to quit my job or be deported. Isn’t that nice? Cheryl and I are very happy about all of this.

I know this blog is not all that eventful but I heard that some of you were getting worried about my physical state of affairs so I’m here to tell you my TB is A-okay.

Editors note: The picture above is of Borat. If you haven’t seen this film yet I urge you to do so. In my opinion he is a comic genius of the 21st century. “It’s nice!”

No comments: