Blogging - a vent, a process, a development

Blogging - a vent, a process, a development
Cheryl and I on a tandem bike we rented on Cat Ba Island, Vietnam during our wonderful honeymoon

Hello, and welcome to our adventures, misadventures, and general musings

Cheryl and I are now living in our little house on the prairie and are enjoying the non-stresses of small-town life. We miss our friends and family and love it when they are in touch.

Friday, October 5, 2007

Thus far a-okay


Our adventures thus far have been awe-inspiring. We have traveled many miles by train, taxi, tuk tuk, bus, and camel. We have seen cities, countyside, desert, gods, funerals, markets, the Ganges river, the Taj Mahal, sunrises, and sunsets. India is truly a wonder to behold.

Cheryl and I have been fervently enjoying our time here. Of course there are the usual setbacks of traveling. I have to admit that one of my greatest reservations is the tendency for the citizens of the world to lie to one another but mai pen rai, so it goes.

The train rides have been fun. I have personally enjoyed rising early in the morning to write on my palm pilot. Unfortunately, it lost its memory the other day with a mini novel of experiences recorded within it. That was a huge setback for me, but once again, so it goes.

Cheryl and I have so far visited Kolkatta, Varanasi, Agra, and now Pushkar. Tonight we will head out to Udaipur. All of these places are nothing like anywhere I have ever seen. Stay tuned for more…

No comments: