Blogging - a vent, a process, a development

Blogging - a vent, a process, a development
Cheryl and I on a tandem bike we rented on Cat Ba Island, Vietnam during our wonderful honeymoon

Hello, and welcome to our adventures, misadventures, and general musings

Cheryl and I are now living in our little house on the prairie and are enjoying the non-stresses of small-town life. We miss our friends and family and love it when they are in touch.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Much the Richer


Today is a wonderful day. I just arrived at work and checked my email to find out the most incredible news. For years I have been fine-tuning how to get the maximum money back on my education through the Millenium Scholarship Program. In my email box this morning was a notification that I have recieved my final portion larger than any I have ever heard off (much larger). In fact, I recieved such a large scholarship that the email informed me my provincial student loan portion is now PAID IN FULL and carries a balance of ZERO!!! Yay!!! Needless to say this makes me very happy. Cheryl and I just made a giant leap toward ultimate zero (like that will ever happen, but it's nice to muse). I just had to tell everyone because it isn't everyday you get news about making a stride towards being out of debt. Long live scholarships!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is excellent news!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous stuff, Jay!! This is huge in the big picture. Way to go!